Saturday, May 17, 2008

Oh fine, I'll update a little more...

So, if you couldn't tell from my last post, John is officially out of the Air Force. Those fuckers. He got discharged for giving alcohol to a 20 year old. You think they would have better things to do with their time. Ugh. Including discharging him, we didn't get the 6 months of Tricare, we never got reimbursed for John going home, they gave him a general, under honorable conditions (not full honorable) discharge, and he can't re-enlist in any branch. We just recently found out about the severity of his re-enlistment code. They told him when he got out that he'd be able to re-enlist anywhere but in the AF. Well apparently not. They fucked him good. I've been trying to get him to go get his discharge reviewed and hopefully he can get a full honorable discharge and a better re-enlistment code, but, he never does.
He has a decent job now, but it's definitely not as much as the military and we're really poor. It sucks, and John doesn't seem to understand how much it sucks. I mean, we can pay the basic bills... but we literally have no money left over and lots of debt. The shitty thing is that our bills aren't even that much.
I've actually been considering joining the Navy. John doesn't understand how much I want June to have a better future from the get go. I don't want her to grow up and always see us struggling. My parents were like that, and I know how hard it was for them. I don't want that and I don't want June in daycare. So, one of us has to stay home. The military has so many benefits. The only thing that would really hurt is that I wouldn't always get to be there for June anymore. I'd miss so many important moments in her life. I don't want that to happen, I really don't want that to happen. But, it's really for the greater good. That and I really don't want her on formula... but I think I'd rather put her on formula then let her have a sub-par life. I can give her so much more, there are just a few really sucky sacrifices.
I can't talk about this anymore, it hurts too much to think about.

No comments: